This week, Drivers Union made a major advancement in our campaign to expand driver rights and protections outside Seattle.
On Wednesday, the Washington state legislature had its first hearing on House Bill 2076 to expand driver rights statewide.
The current draft of the legislation would:
- Expand Paid Sick Days protections statewide;
- Ensure drivers are protected and compensated if injured while working;
- Provide paid family and medical leave insurance, paid for by Uber and Lyft;
- Create a path for expanded deactivation protections statewide; and
- End unfair vehicle age limits for Black Car drivers.
This is great progress, but there’s still more work to do.
Drivers Union is fighting for amendments to expand fair pay outside of Seattle and make other improvements. Will you join us?
The pay raise Drivers Union won in the City of Seattle has improved driver lives, but we can’t stop there.
Drivers from Tacoma to Spokane, and from Bellingham to Vancouver all deserve to be paid fairly. Will you sign our petition today?
Thank you to all the Drivers Union members who make your union strong. If you believe in our fight to expand driver rights, become a member today to build driver power!